Sunday, October 19, 2008

Grandma Sammy moment

Hey! Sunday night again. Misha was down mid week with all the little Walker kids. It was wonderful! UEA got the kids out of school, Jessie cheered at their game Wednesday instead of Friday because of it, and Steph had the days off as her doctor (boss) was out of town. Everyone except Chuck and he had to work. Mish and the boys went back thursday but the girls stayed and on Saturday went hunting with Jen and Greg and Hailey girl. Church today and dinner afterward and now the house is feeling very, very quiet and ....

Any of you remember grandma Sammy's story of "walking toward the light"? I had my own experience this week. We had had a full moon and I always walk the garbage down to the road or pick up the can w/o a flashlight;Well, when it isn't done for me which isn't very often but it is always so bright outside. However, the other night it was BLACK. I should have gone back and picked up a flashlight but well...anyway. I made my way down the lane, guiding myself by the feel of the lane and looking back at the house occasionally to make sure I wasn't goint to tumble into the barbed wire fence. Yes, it was that dark. And then, I was standing in front of a closed gate. I knew if I had wandered left or right of the lane I would have been able to tell but I was so disoriented untill I figured out I had crossed the street and was up against the Snowballs gate! It was the most weird experience because I could sort of get my bearings by looking back at the lights of the house but couldn't really tell how far from the light I was. Then a car came by and illuminated the whole area.Which is when it finally dawned on me what I had done! Then, walking back to the house, pulling the garbage can behind me with the light in front of me, I couldn't get off path. Proving Grandma Sammy's advice, "If you are heading in the direction of light and truth your way is clear. It is when we turn our backs on that light and truth that we get lost."

Did I mention Rebecca and I watched "Emma Smith My Story"? It is SO good!
Love you each of you. Can not tell you how much you are loved and appreciated.
Watch for more pictures as soon as my scanner is up and running.

No comments: