Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Katie's homecoming - more

Katie gave her homecoming talk at Sacrament Sunday and did such a terrific job. I was so impressed by her spirit and touched by the things she taught. She was good enough to send me a copy of her talk so any of you who missed it let me know if you want a copy. She began her talk with the following poem. I loved it! Before you read it please remember Joseph Smith's comments to the early saints when he said, "When you joined this church you enlisted to serve God. When you did that you left neutral ground." The poem, written by Bob Moorehead:

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
The dye has been cast.
I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.
I AM A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST
I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by Faith, lean on HIS presence, walk with patience.
I am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid for the cause of Christ.
I must go till he comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till he stops me.
And when He returns for His Own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My Banner will be clear.

It is this mother's prayer that we might each strive to live that He will have no problem recognizing us when He returns for he will see His image in our countenance.

No comments: