Sunday, November 9, 2008

What a great weekend!

The Jones kids were here for the weekend. They arrived on Friday and Breck hurried off to the Craft Fair to be with Jen. They sold signs and tutus and made a haul! Better than the money, I think they had a great time just being together. Friday night Jason hurried and made them separate business cards and by the time they were through Saturday night they had a new request. They decided to do this craft thing together, name themselves "The Ugly Stepsister" sub-line "She's a silent partner!" and Jason set them up on a spread sheet, the whole tax man thing! They are looking into craft fairs that still have booths available before Christmas. It was fun. Jason and I went over Sat. afternoon with the little ones, Greg met us there and we ate at Joe Begay's. Greg isn't thrilled with their Navajo Taco's but the rest of us eat them up!

While here, Jason tweaked my computer and printers and got them all in ship shape again. Now, I have NO excuses left. I HAVE to learn that Photoshop Elements program!

Jessica shared the most terrific poem with us this week. It was an assignment in English and she better have received an "A". It is so good. Maybe she'll let me post it here...whatcha think Jessica? It really is an excellent poem and this grandma didn't even know she liked poetry! Perfect! I think it was a Halloween task and written with E.A. Poe style. She really, really is very good at this.

I found some new relatives in my Family History search! A little bit of a mystery trying to find out why two little ones, listed as 'niece and nephew' to the head of household are living there. The house next door holds a home with people with the same last name as the children but the couple there are too old to be the children's parents and their only child (at least the only one living with them) is not really old enough to be their father. So, where did they come from? And, why are they there? Still searching.

Sunday I gave my first RS lesson (recent calling) and it was on the Second Coming of the Lord. Dot is in Washington with Katie and so she had me "practice" on her SS class by first giving my lesson to them. Actually, it felt better with the kids, they were great and I seemed to have more time. But, the RS sisters are great and it went fine. Jen went to church and found she was an hour early and at the wrong building for Stake Conference so she came over here and went to church with us. It was fun having both girls in RS with me. Jen and Breck and I discussed the Second Coming for the rest of the day.

We had Sunday dinner. Have I mentioned how much I love our dinners? Breck and Jace were the only "out of county" kids here, Jeff and Kim were in Ferron and Cody was off picking out a new dog so our little crowd was even smaller but Carley came along and we love her so that was fun. After dinner Sidney made a cake, the kids ran off again to play and the Jones' family had to get back to S.L. Before they left Angie brought over a scrapbook project and we all helped her put packets together. That is the way to do them; lots of hands and fun visiting, and the best kids!

Friday evening the kids came in SO dirty! They really looked like little coal miners. Upon questioning they had been out on the hill, rolling down the hill, INSIDE a barrel! Breck said, "Just don't let the little kids in the barrel, ok?" and Chase said, "They love it!" They play so well together and it doesn't seem to matter which kids are here. If the natural partner because of age or sex doesn't happen to be here, they just rearrange their play sets and it still works for all of them. I am so proud of each of them. I must be the most blessed grandmother alive!

I will be in S.L. for the EMS conference the 19-22. We plan to take in the Body World exhibit and I'd like to get a session in at the temple while there. We will be staying right near the Salt Palace so Jim can be our chauffeur and we don't have to be up at dawn.

Off to bed - this time change is killing me!

2 comments:

Wendy Lojik said...

Sue, I just found you through Angie's Blog! I love you!

Stephanie said...

post it post it! love, jessica. haha