Sunday, January 4, 2009

The First Sunday of the New Year 2009!

What a week, what a new year! Steph is off to Idaho. Misha, Chuck and Jessi drove her up and settled her in last Thursday. Chuck said it was a good thing it was a four hour drive home because Mish and Jess cried half of the ride! Personally I can't believe she is already in college!

My goodness, is it time to settle in to a brand new year already? Everyone seems to have taken down their tree except me. Jeff says maybe they will come over tomorrow night, for family home evening, and help take it down. BUT, it is conditional on my not being called to work. Hmmm. I'm hating the idea of Christmas being over. Why do I do this every year? 

Everyone's churches changed times for the New Year except Elmo. I went at 9, same as usual and got my meetings in, then went to Orangeville for Jen's RS. When she took this new calling in RS I told her I would help anyway I could. I really had in mind ideas for decorating or menu ideas but she asked if I would teach HER lesson this week. It was fun, you know how I love that sort of thing. I taught from the same sources I spoke from in Sacrament meeting in December and about the Savior's life BEFORE coming to this earth. It was fun and I enjoyed studying it again.  I was sorry I wasn't there for all their meetings because CHASE BORE HIS TESTIMONY! Cedar was going to but decided too late and the bishop ended the meeting before she could get up there. I went to their house after church and noticed my front tire was almost flat when I got there. Greg, of course, teased and teased me, putting off helping me, until I told him I thought I'd just spend the night and then he had my tire fixed in about 10 minutes! Silly man. Meinkina was running around feeling great but looked so sick! Her little face was red and her eyes are running a steady stream of green goo. Poor little thing. Does anyone think this family has had our share of illnesses this winter? We NEVER get sick! It's tradition! What's going on? 

Looking forward to two more birthdays this week! Saturday brings Chase to a big 10 years old. AND, Ashlynne will be 8! Saturday morning at 9:30 Ashlynne will be baptised. We are having a brunch afterward as well as Birthday Cake and hope everyone can be there. She is so excited. She got her baptism clothes at church today and trying them on wondered if it was ok for Bryn to touch them. Cute, Cute.

Playing catch up with the Elmo news. Roy Oviatt and Steve Sumsion both had strokes in the last couple of weeks. Roy's is apparently not as bad as Steve's but I  haven't had any real conversations with their families to be sure. Phyllis Jensen is in a sling after injuring her left arm and it doesn't seem to be getting a lot (or even a little) better. Shirley Coyne is still wearing a soft cervical collar after being tail ended before Thanksgiving. Maybe it's not just our family; we seem to be just a part of a bunch of hurt and hurting! Prayers appreciated.

Kayla, check out the comments on you getting your license!

Ok, I'm off for the night. I love you more than life. Don't forget your prayers and be my best kids!


No comments: