Saturday, January 31, 2009

This past week - Jan 09



That is Ellie SUE, Sam and Trin's newest addition. She is so beautiful and I want to tell you all about her but first, maybe I will start with today and work backwards. perhaps the webs of my memory will have less dust on them that way.
TOday, Hailey had a basketball game. She is one little scrapper! I loved watching her play. They didn't win but that didn't keep Hailey from playing really well! Above is a picture of the game.

And, if you missed it, take a look at Jessica's post. SHE has learned to post herself and can update her news on the blog. I for one am looking forward to the rest of you learning so you can post stuff from your little families too! Can you believe the precision of her team?

Jen called last week to tell me about Meinkina's latest choices. She has decided her mom is way too old fashion to choose clothes for her and so she will be making her own fashion choices from now on. (Oh, I am sorry but revenge really IS sweet!- thank you grandkids!) And so Meinkina decided to wear her pink sweatshirt with snowflakes on it, with a skirt with polka dots. I think it was pink and purple but I may be making that up. Anyway, the pinks go together don't they? So, I think Jen was ok with that till it was time to pick Jax up from preschool and Meinkina could only find one of her favorite pink shoes. Jen thought she had talked her into just wearing her boots till they were going out the door, late, and she looked down and sure, you know the rest. One pink shoe, one pink boot! I LOVE it! I only wish her mom had taken a picture and would post it here!

Now, to Ellie, last Sunday Trin and Sam had a baby girl. I drove up with Dot and they started Trin early afternoon. Lyns was there to rub her feet as labor got going. Jealous girls? Ummm..a foot rub sounds wonderful anytime but while in early labor it sounds devine! Trin said it was better than that. Anyway, lots of loved ones to surround them. Dot and Ben, Trin's parents, her brother and his wife and cutest little boy. Lyns, Emilie and John (Em's friend) AND, Lynsie and Allen's little girl, Samantha who is a doll! So cute. I had a great time getting to know her. Trin was a trooper even at the last when she was tired; she was wonderful. And, little Ellie SUE was here with three pushes and had our hearts with the first breath. Amazing. Birth is such a miracle. I never get tired of being a part of that process. And, I am so honored to have her wearing my name.

1 comment:

Mama G said...

The foot rub was divine:) Thanks for your help love ya!!