Friday, January 23, 2009

Jen and Greg

Whew! The days don't seem to slow down! Jen and Greg celebrated their wedding anniversary on the 17th of January. ELEVEN years! They made their annual trip to Mesquite. Linda and Reese, Jeff and Kim, and I tended the little ones and they were so fun. Chase would have liked to have gone swimming cuz he has only been one time to the new pool in FOUR years! I'm not sure how that works out when they just opened the pool last year but oh well. As old as I am he really thinks I can handle four little ones at the pool! Not bad, huh? Just let him keep thinking it,k? We had mac and cheese and ramen noodles for dinner and eggs "over easy" for breakfast one day - they were really impressed that I could cook an egg w/o breaking the yolk. Magic grandma! And the next morning we had Chocolate syrup and biscuits. Yeah, I know, you are all jealous. We read stories, watched movies, had friends over and snuggled. They are SO good to snuggle with me. I griped some because I was trying to keep the house clean for Jen and Greg but they were forgiving and helped me out. We all slept all over the mom and dad's bedroom. Meinkina is such a night owl but she hasn't been feeling very good so she went to sleep early, slept late and napped in the afternoon. And, the rest of the time she was grandma's princess. Such fun.

Update on my face - I have had little sensations for a couple of week in my face. Nothing painful, just like twitches. Then brushing my teeth at Jen's I got a shock. Not very painful but scared the crud out of me! I was tearful and prayerful all day but it never did come back. I called Dr. Aphlebaum's office and they said it happens sometimes and said I should get some Tegretal to have on hand (the anti-seizure drug that makes you fall asleep while jogging!) and to come back in if it gets bad. I told her it wasn't going to get bad. I would be back for surgery before I had to go through that again. Anyway, I had a couple of stressful days, worrying but still nothing and I'm ready to believe it was just a fluke. Heavenly Father has been so incredibly good to me that I hate asking for more but I do beg him to keep blessing me to keep my TN at bay.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

youre in my prayers you awesome grandma of mine! i love you!! xoxo