Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some winter reflection


Everytime I take winter pictures like this, and I have hundreds, I think of the video daddy took out our front porch. "Beautiful, just beautiful" he would say over and over again as he scanned the front field and fences covered in snow and frost.








And, poor as this picture is I had to take it. It was getting dark but I have been trying to remember to take if for months! Everytime I pass this rusty old vehicle, still loaded on the trailer that brought it to the field out by Dots, I wonder why it's there. It's been there for months, maybe over a year and, I know, daddy would have known who owned it presently, who owned it in the past, what the plan was for it now, and how much it would cost him to take it off the owners hands. I sure do miss him. I know you do too. By the time I get home I have forgotten I was going to call one of the boys and ask about it. I've gone on to other memories and enjoy every one of them!

2 comments:

Dottie Grimes said...

This old auto chassis has been on a trailer in the fields for years. I'm sure Menco knew all about it. It trades fields and back and forth across the road. At one time it had a cover over it for protection. I don't know the history of it or who owns it. I'll ask Ben.

Mama G said...

That car has been there as long as I can remember coming to Elmo. That's about 6 or 7 years now. It dose seem to move sometimes. I want to know the story?